Who we were
The idea for the building of the current bar/sandwich bar was born in 1940 with the purchase, by Mr Alessio Cosson (uncle of the current proprietors), of a piece of land of 1300 square metres (1554 square yards), acquired from Courmayeur town council for the sum of half a lira per square metre.
In those years talk began of building an 'alpivia' (a cable-towed sledge). It was subsequently built during the 1950s; starting from the locality of Checrouit with the arrival at Lago Checrouit.
The business opened its doors at the beginning of the 1950s; in winter as a snack bar for skiers and in the summer season as a wayside stop for hikers.
The premises were originally managed by the Cosson family, then for a number of years by new tenants, up until 1993 when it was taken over by the current proprietors.